How To Get Rid Of Bloating Fast
Having a bloated belly is so uncomfortable that it prevents you from taking part in your regular day to day activities. It may even tamper with your self-confidence as you cannot feel your best when you are feeling fat. But, there is no need to worry about this problem anymore as there are many natural ways to get rid of bloating and gas quickly.
Natural Remedies for Getting Rid of Bloating
Here are some simple home remedies that can help you to get rid of a stomach bloating overnight:
- Various herbal teas such as peppermint tea, chamomile tea and basil tea are some of the best home remedies for abdominal bloating.
- Add one tablespoon ground cinnamon and some honey (optional) to one cup boiling water. Drink the mixture while warm to alleviate bloating and gas.
- Chewing a few cardamom seeds is an excellent way to cure bloating and flatulence. Another option is to prepare a natural medicine by boiling 2 cups of water along with 6 cardamom pods and some nutmeg powder. This mixture can alleviate the symptoms of abdominal bloating.
- Add ¼ of a teaspoon each of pepper powder and cumin powder in one cup of buttermilk. Mix it well and drink it. Drink this mixture 2 to 3 times every day for reducing bloating and the heavy feeling associated with it.
- Take one cup of boiling water and add one teaspoonful crushed coriander seeds in it. Drinking this mixture can help you to get rid of gas and the bloated feeling.
- Parsley is an effective remedy for this problem and it is also beneficial for improving appetite and promoting digestion. To prepare parsley tea, you need to add one teaspoonful fresh parsley leaves to one cup boiling water and let it seep for around 10 to 15 minutes. Add a pinch of garlic powder to the tea before drinking it. It is recommended to drink parsley tea 2 to 3 times a day to get rid of bloating naturally. It is also beneficial for lowering the blood pressure. However, you should not use this remedy if you have any serious kidney problem or heart disease.
- Another effective home remedy for reducing bloating is drinking one glass of water along with just a few drops clove oil.
- Have some caraway seeds after each meal as this is one of the easiest home remedies for this problem.
- Having some fresh ginger juice along with honey is another useful remedy for getting rid of gas and bloating immediately.
Dietary Measures to Get Rid of Bloating
Making some changes in your daily diet can help you reduce the symptoms of bloating:
- It is recommended to eat smaller but more frequent meals as this helps to maintain a better health while preventing stomach bloating.
- Eat your food slowly after chewing them properly as eating quickly can put extra pressure on your stomach, resulting in excessive gas production. So, it is essential to give your stomach enough time to process the food. Similarly, it is not advisable to drink coffee or tea during any physical activity such as walking or running as this may lead to excess air enter your body with the sips and gulps.
- It is advisable to avoid sweets, sodas, chewing gums and alcoholic beverages much as possible as their xylitol and sorbitol contents may be difficult to digest which results in gas, bloating and diarrhea. Additionally, the bubbles in sodas are another main reason bloating.
- Avoiding excessively cold or hot beverages is also recommended for preventing and reducing bloating.
- Refrain from foods like pasta and bread at night to be free from the feeling of bloating the next morning.
- Cantaloupe, spinach, mangoes, tomatoes, asparagus and nuts are some foods that help to get rid of bloating. So, try to include these foods in your daily diet.
- Eating plenty of vegetables and fruits helps to reduce bloating by improving the digestion.
- Make sure to drink plenty of water as it helps to clear out your system, which reduces bloating.
- Salt makes the body retain water which leads to bloating. Avoid restaurant meals and canned foods as they are the main source of sodium in your diet.
- Bland foods like soy based foods, rice and chicken are easy to digest and less likely to cause bloating.
- There are certain foods that are more likely to cause gas and bloating. These include cabbage, root vegetables, beans, garlic, peas and lentils. Try to avoid these foods to stay away from bloating.
- Foods rich in potassium help in flushing out the excessive water from your body, thus reducing the feeling of bloating. So, eat lots of potassium rich foods like banana.
- Eating fiber rich foods such as whole grain bread, oatmeal and cereal helps to clear your colon by getting rid of any undigested foods as well as excess colon air. This makes them an excellent remedy for bloating and gas.
- Sometimes, dairy products like milk, cheese and butter can lead to gas and bloating, especially in those who are a little lactose intolerant. Keep a record of your lactose intake and the feeling of bloating to find out if dairy products are the main reason behind the problem. Cutting down your dairy intake can remedy the uncomfortable condition.
Other Ways of Getting Rid of Bloating
There are some other remedies for bloating, apart from the natural and dietary solutions. These are as follows:
- Having some probiotics, such as yoghurt, daily is one of the best ways of getting rid of a bloated belly.
- An Abdominal massage with some aromatic oils such as anise and chamomile can help to get rid of gas and a bloated stomach naturally.
- Doing some exercises can provide relief from the bloated feeling in your stomach. Lie down on your back and lift your legs gently over to your head while both your hands are resting on your sides. This exercise helps to get rid of bloating. Exercising regularly is an excellent way of reducing bloating during pregnancy.
- Take a short walk after each meal as this is 1 of the best and easiest ways to avoid bloating. Make sure keep a 2 to 3 hour break between dinner and bedtime.
- Bloating often results from certain digestive tract problems such as diverticulosis. In these cases, having a digestive enzyme along with every meal can provide relief.
- Sometimes, taking antibiotic medicines can lead to stomach bloating by destroying the good bacteria. Taking B complex vitamin supplements with antibiotics can solve this problem.
- In some cases, the Irritable Bowel Syndrome or IBS can cause bloating, abdominal pain and constipation. It is recommended to seek medical assistance if IBS is suspected to be causing the symptoms.
These are the most effective ways of avoiding or getting rid of gas and a bloated stomach. Now, you know how to get rid of that uncomfortable, squishy feeling in your tummy without going to a doctor or taking any medicines.